1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- 1.1 Personal Information vs. Non Personal Information.Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with an efficient and helpful experience while using the Website. In order to do so, the Website collects two types of information about you, Personal Information and Non Personal Information. “Personal Information” refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are and which can be used to identify, contact or locate you. We may also collect and use Personal Information to verify your identity when you are making purchases via the Website. Examples of Personal Information include your first name together with your last name, your credit card number, your mailing address and/or email address, and your phone number. Generally, we collect Personal Information when you use the Website to, fill out surveys, correspond with us, share stories, photos or the like to the Website, or otherwise volunteer information about yourself. “Non Personal Information” refers to information that does not by itself identify you or a specific individual. Examples of Non Personal Information we may collect include demographic information, which web pages of ours are most often visited and which of our products are either receiving the most purchases or website visits. We may collect Non Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies discussed further below.
- 1.2 Access and Change to Personal Information.Upon written request, THE VITALITY GROUP will use reasonable efforts to allow users to update or correct personal information previously submitted but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Also, upon a user’s written request, THE VITALITY GROUP will functionally delete the user and his or her Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to delete a user’s entry without some residual information being retained because of the nature in which backups of data are maintained.
- 1.3 Information You Provide To Us.You will have the opportunity to provide us with personal information and non-personal information, which we will collect directly from you as follows (this is not an exhaustive list):
(b) For subscribers to our website. If you sign up for information relating to the THE VITALITY GROUP Newsletter, CRM, OR ANY OTHER PROGRAM we will collect and maintain your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number. If you cancel a subscription, we may collect and use any email address or other information that you have entered.
- 1.4 Information Collected Through TechnologyWe or our third party service providers may collect information from visitors to the Website regarding the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the Website, information regarding your domain server, the country, state and telephone area code where your server is located, your type of computer, timestamp data and the pages of the Website that you viewed during your visit. Some of this information is gathered through the following technologies:
(b) IP Address. You can visit many areas of the Website anonymously without the need to become a registered user. Even in such cases, we may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin service with an Internet Service Provider. Each time you access the Website and each time you request one of our pages, our server logs your IP address. Standing alone, your IP address is not necessarily personally identifiable.
(c) Web Beacons. THE VITALITY GROUP may use a variety of other technical methods for tracking purposes, including web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. We may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send our users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
2. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 2.1 Use of Personal Information and Non Personal Information.We use Personal Information and Non Personal Information in order to fill your orders, to communicate with you about your requests and to send you informational and promotional materials, including about upcoming THE VITALITY GROUP promotions and events. In addition, we may use Personal Information and Non Personal Information to learn more about our community and/or customers so we can improve our promotions and events. The following are some specific examples of how we may use the information that we collect from you. This list is not exhaustive and is published as a guide only:
(a) System Administration. We use your IP Address and other information discussed above in Section 1.4 for the purposes of system administration, to assist in diagnosing problems with our server, to monitor our system performance and the level of activity on the Website in general and about specific portions of our Website and how the traffic on our Website is apportioned and from where it may come, and to gather broad demographic information about our Website visitors and customers, so we can make it easier and more convenient for you to navigate and use the Website, and make our Website more useful and better targeted for you and our community in general.
(c) Newsletters & Promotional Emails; Opt-Out Option: We may offer free electronic newsletters and promotional emails regarding upcoming products, promotions, events and/or services offered on the Website. We may use your Personal Information to send you newsletters and emails periodically listing, promotions, events and/or services, or other items available for purchase on our Website or from our marketing partners or sponsors. However, you have the choice to opt-out of receiving such newsletters, CRM’S, any other programs and promotional emails for products and/or services offered on the Website by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or following the instructions in our promotional email. Once we have processed your opt-out request, we will not send you promotional emails with respect to products and/or services offered by us through the Website unless you opt back in to receiving such communications directly.
(e) Contact Information: If you contact us by telephone, email or letter, we may keep a record of your contact information, correspondence or comments. If you report a problem with the Website, we may collect this information in a file specific to you. In addition, if you provide us feedback through the Website, by email or by calling us, we may ask for your name and email address in order to send you a reply. You may contact us through any of the means provided at the end of this document to request the removal of this information from our database, subject to section 1.2.
(b) Service Providers. We may disclose your Personal Information to our third party service providers, including companies we retain to manage or host the Website, companies we retain to fulfill product purchases or to provide services to you on our behalf, and companies we retain as consultants to conduct research on our behalf. These third parties may not use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by us. With respect to Non Personal Information, we also share website usage information we gather from visitors to the Website who have received a targeted promotional campaign with our third-party advertising service partners for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics. For this purpose, we and our third-party service partners, may note some of the pages you visit on the Website through the use of web beacons. In addition, we may provide aggregated statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related Website information to third parties. We reserve the right to use or disclose Non Personal Information in any manner.
(c) Links to Other Websites. Our Website may contain links to third party web sites to which we have no affiliation. THE VITALITY GROUP does not share your Personal Information with those web sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. THE VITALITY GROUP suggests you read the privacy policies on those third party web sites.
3. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3.1 Our Security Measures. In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third-party banking institutions, process agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information they need to verify and authorize your credit card transactions and to ship your order. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, we offer secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to prevent someone from intercepting it and misusing it. When you access your account information, the information is kept on a secure server. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access by physical security means. Although THE VITALITY GROUP uses reasonable efforts to safeguard the security of your Personal Information, transmissions made on or through the Internet are vulnerable to attack and cannot be guaranteed to be secure. In addition, submissions made via email are not protected by SSL technology and are vulnerable to interception during transmission. You hereby acknowledge that THE VITALITY GROUP is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- 3.2 Protecting Yourself.You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the secrecy of your User ID, passwords and/or any account information in your possession or control. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. The Website contains links to third parties who may collect information directly from you. Each of the websites linked from the Website have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of THE VITALITY GROUP, and THE VITALITY GROUP has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites nor does THE VITALITY GROUP make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them. You can learn more about Internet privacy from government websites such as http://www.privacy.gov.au. In addition, it is important to keep us updated with your most current contact information. You may ask us in writing via mail or email (see contact details below) to have the information on your account deleted, updated or corrected, subject to Section 1.2; however, because we keep track of past purchases, you cannot delete information associated with past purchases. Note that we may retain changed or deleted information for archival or other purposes.
282 Richardson Street